9/14/2006

bloomin' napkin rings

I'm not one of those people who like hearts, wicker, and faux flowers, but I let my guard down ant made something with silk flowers. I found myself inspired by some mini mag in the grocery store check out line.... I don't remember which one. Perhaps I'm on a slippery slope and I'll soon start making other crafts in the "country decor" family-- ahh! In any case, I think they're cute. If you want to make these colourful (even if a little country) napkin rings...

Cut a wire-stemmed flower at about 7 inches or so and remove most of the leaves. Using needle-nose pliers, bend the stem into a C shape and bend a little hook on the end for securing under the flower.

I'll let you know if I start collecting apple crates.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

just don't start making toilet paper roll covers (crocheted, sewn, or otherwise) and you'll be okay! :)