6/05/2007

blocking baby blanket

I'm not a blockhead anymore -- I get blocking. Honestly, I've just been too impatient to put in the extra effort (which seems such a ridiculous excuse considering the hours of knitting involved with any project!). Some of my patterned scarves could have used the extra care... oh well.



At least I finally got around to blocking the strips for this baby blanket. The ends lay flat now! And, the strips are equal lengths, which made sewing them together much easier...



It'll be a while before I back it with navy flannel and do all the finishing touches. That's a P.A.M. -- Project for After the Move.

2 comments:

listsoflists said...

I just finished a baby blanket that has a "poof" in the middle, and I've heard that blocking can solve this problem. I've been searching all over the internet for instructions for blocking, but I can't seem to find any. How do I block? Many thanks for you help.

Tiffany said...

Blocking is basically a code word for "get wet and reshape."

I found this article on blocking helpful, or you could check out this one (which gives very detailed instructions for different types of yarns.)

Good luck!!